Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Aaron Copland vs. Miles Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!


American Innovator Recital May 2nd- 1pm Memorial Hall. If you have been reading the blogs then you will have heard of three men- Aaron Copland, Eric Ewazen and Miles Davis. On May 2nd I will be performing works from all of these composers. This will probably be the only time Aaron Copland, Eric Ewazen and Miles Davis will be on the same recital. This class has inspired me to create a recital containing composers who I would have to say "Are all really different" =). All great American Innovators and Composers of our time. This recital will be innovation! The first and hopefully not last of its kind. Aaron Copland vs. Miles Davis, who will win????

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to Eric on a fabulous self-initiated Culminating Performance Project! Those in the general field of education know that this is the goal of much of education -- to use new knowledge in such a way that you "do" something with it. I have also been looking into newer horn works by Innovative American composers -- Douglas Hill has several I may have a go at, but several of them are jazzy. I think I can do that...

    ReplyDelete